History of the Martin Companies
The Martin history goes back to 1882 when Milton D. Martin joined his father in the buggy business known as H. Martin & Son. Six years later, in 1888, the Martin Carriage Works was started.
The history of M. D. Martin closely follows that of David M. Parry. Both started out in the buggy manufacturing business and were very successful. When the automobile came along, both were building early vehicles. By the time of the merger in 1919, between the Parry Mfg. Co. and the Martin Truck and Body Corp., both were well-established companies with huge manufacturing plants. The Parry Mfg. Co. was in Indianapolis, Indiana, and the Martin Truck and Body Corp. was in York, Pennsylvania.
Martin Company Names:
(click to learn more)