This section contains information on the Martin Carriage Works and the Parry Manufacturing Company prior to their merger on May 26, 1919.

The Martin-Parry Corporation was incorporated May 26, 1919, under the laws of the State of Delaware. Shortly thereafter it acquired all of the outstanding stock of the Martin Truck & Body Corp., a Pennsylvania corporation, and concurrently acquired all of the stock of the Parry Manufacturing Co. of Indianapolis, Inc. The later companies were dissolved and their assets transferred to the Martin-Parry Corporation.

Both the Parry Mfg. Co. and the Martin Truck and Body Corp. had quite extensive histories leading up to the merger of the companies into the Martin-Parry Corporation. This web site would not be complete without this additional information.