For additional reading click on the following links.
For the first year in business, the Pathfinder was being made at the Parry Auto Company factory the same time as the Parry automobile. When the Parry Company went into receivership in 1910, its creditors took over the company and for lack of a better name, it was called the Motor Car Manufacturing Company. It was changed to Pathfinder Company in 1916. 1912 was the first year of production with some of Parry's creditors as shareholders and officers. The Parry was phased out as the Pathfinder was phased in.
1913 Pathfinder Model 40 Touring Automobile
Because body styling was its primary concern, it was known for its looks. The speedster had a boat-tail, concealing the spare wheel, and having the top recessed into a panel top and designing a coach called the Martha Washington. Many colors could be chosen with different schemes that gave them a bright look. It was priced in Hudson and Cadillac range. It won accolades not only for its looks but reliability in long distance tours. The Royal Automobile Club gave it a certificate of performance in one of its tours.
1916 Pathfinder, King of Twelves Advertisement
In 1915, front swivel seats were available on the touring car. The first car in the country to offer this feature. The company quickly built sixes and in 1916 a twelve cylinder was built known as "Pathfinder, the Great". Shortage of material in 1917 caused the company to go under.
Copied from the web site:
Used with permission of Royal Feltner