C Spring Cart Company

The Parry Manufacturing Company began its business of buggy making in 1882 in Rushville, Rush County, as the C Spring Cart Company. Owners of the operation were David M. Parry and his brother Thomas H. Parry. The factory was destroyed by fire in 1884 and the Parry brothers relocated to Indianapolis two years later forming a joint stock company with David Parry as president.